Polish plant accused of rotten meat in sausages
Warsaw: Polish inspectors have halted meat processing at a plant in northern Poland after a television program alleged that it was adding rotten meat to its products.
TVN24 showed footage of green-colored sausages at the plant, while an anonymous worker was heard saying they would be added to new products. Another man said that tons of old meat were used each month, to economize.
Deputy chief veterinarian Krzysztof Jazdzewski said on Friday that inspectors immediately went to the plant and closed its meat processing section. The plant exports to the European Union markets.
Jazdzewski could not immediately confirm TVN24`s allegations but said the program showed procedures that violate the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone