Polish plant accused of rotten meat in sausages
Warsaw: Polish inspectors have halted meat processing at a plant in northern Poland after a television program alleged that it was adding rotten meat to its products.
TVN24 showed footage of green-colored sausages at the plant, while an anonymous worker was heard saying they would be added to new products. Another man said that tons of old meat were used each month, to economize.
Deputy chief veterinarian Krzysztof Jazdzewski said on Friday that inspectors immediately went to the plant and closed its meat processing section. The plant exports to the European Union markets.
Jazdzewski could not immediately confirm TVN24`s allegations but said the program showed procedures that violate the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan