Polish plant accused of rotten meat in sausages
Warsaw: Polish inspectors have halted meat processing at a plant in northern Poland after a television program alleged that it was adding rotten meat to its products.
TVN24 showed footage of green-colored sausages at the plant, while an anonymous worker was heard saying they would be added to new products. Another man said that tons of old meat were used each month, to economize.
Deputy chief veterinarian Krzysztof Jazdzewski said on Friday that inspectors immediately went to the plant and closed its meat processing section. The plant exports to the European Union markets.
Jazdzewski could not immediately confirm TVN24`s allegations but said the program showed procedures that violate the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off