Polish plant accused of rotten meat in sausages
Warsaw: Polish inspectors have halted meat processing at a plant in northern Poland after a television program alleged that it was adding rotten meat to its products.
TVN24 showed footage of green-colored sausages at the plant, while an anonymous worker was heard saying they would be added to new products. Another man said that tons of old meat were used each month, to economize.
Deputy chief veterinarian Krzysztof Jazdzewski said on Friday that inspectors immediately went to the plant and closed its meat processing section. The plant exports to the European Union markets.
Jazdzewski could not immediately confirm TVN24`s allegations but said the program showed procedures that violate the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000