Prince William to spend Christmas with in-laws
London: Prince William and his pregnant wife Kate will spend Christmas at her parents` family home rather than with Queen Elizabeth II, it has been announced.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend Christmas at the Middleton home in Bucklebury, Berkshire rather than with the Queen at Sandringham, a Clarence House spokesman said.
The decision has been taken with the approval of the Queen.
The couple, both 30, are also planning a visit to the Sandringham Estate, in Norfolk, during the festive period.
They spent last Christmas there with other members of the Royal Family when the Queen`s husband, Prince Philip was in hospital after undergoing a heart procedure.
The decision to spend this Christmas Day with the Middleton family was taken before it was announced that Kate was pregnant, the BBC reported.
Earlier this month the duchess spent three days in hospital after suffering severe morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum, which leaves expectant mothers unable to keep food or liquids down.
She was then ordered by doctors to have a period of rest at home at Kensington Palace.
Kate`s parents, who run a party supplies business, and her sister Pippa and brother James are expected to be spending Christmas with the royal couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class