Prince William to spend Christmas with in-laws
London: Prince William and his pregnant wife Kate will spend Christmas at her parents` family home rather than with Queen Elizabeth II, it has been announced.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend Christmas at the Middleton home in Bucklebury, Berkshire rather than with the Queen at Sandringham, a Clarence House spokesman said.
The decision has been taken with the approval of the Queen.
The couple, both 30, are also planning a visit to the Sandringham Estate, in Norfolk, during the festive period.
They spent last Christmas there with other members of the Royal Family when the Queen`s husband, Prince Philip was in hospital after undergoing a heart procedure.
The decision to spend this Christmas Day with the Middleton family was taken before it was announced that Kate was pregnant, the BBC reported.
Earlier this month the duchess spent three days in hospital after suffering severe morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum, which leaves expectant mothers unable to keep food or liquids down.
She was then ordered by doctors to have a period of rest at home at Kensington Palace.
Kate`s parents, who run a party supplies business, and her sister Pippa and brother James are expected to be spending Christmas with the royal couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state