Protect Palestinians in Gaza: Jordanian King
Amman: Jordan`s King Abdullah II called on the international community to protect Palestinian civilians in Gaza and stop Israel`s ongoing offensive on the coastal enclave.
At a meeting with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday, the king said that Jordan will continue to coordinate with the Palestinians and all parties involved to end Israel`s offensive on the Gaza Strip, Xinhua reported.
He said Israel`s aggression will only result in more disasters and instability in the Middle East.
Jordan is exerting every effort to stop Israel`s aggression, the king said, adding that it`s important to support the Egyptian initiative to broker a ceasefire in an effort to end the fighting in Gaza.
Abbas voiced his appreciation for Jordan`s support to the Palestinians in Gaza.
The Health Ministry in Gaza said that Israel`s ongoing offensive on the strip, which started in July 8, has already killed 800 Palestinians, including women and children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16