Protect Palestinians in Gaza: Jordanian King
Amman: Jordan`s King Abdullah II called on the international community to protect Palestinian civilians in Gaza and stop Israel`s ongoing offensive on the coastal enclave.
At a meeting with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday, the king said that Jordan will continue to coordinate with the Palestinians and all parties involved to end Israel`s offensive on the Gaza Strip, Xinhua reported.
He said Israel`s aggression will only result in more disasters and instability in the Middle East.
Jordan is exerting every effort to stop Israel`s aggression, the king said, adding that it`s important to support the Egyptian initiative to broker a ceasefire in an effort to end the fighting in Gaza.
Abbas voiced his appreciation for Jordan`s support to the Palestinians in Gaza.
The Health Ministry in Gaza said that Israel`s ongoing offensive on the strip, which started in July 8, has already killed 800 Palestinians, including women and children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video