Pvt airstrip owner killed in plane crash in Thailand
Bangkok: The owner of Pattaya Air Park, a private airstrip, died after a newly-acquired plane he was flying crashed in Thailand`s Bang Lamung district, police said on Sunday.
The victim was identified as Navaporn Savetwong, 55, owner of Pattaya Air Park in Bang Lamung district in the resort town of Pattaya, police said.
They said Navaporn had yesterday taken up his latest aircraft, which he had brought from England two weeks ago, for a test flight.
However, 15 minutes after take-off, the aircraft spun out of control and crashed into a tapioca field in tambon Huay Yai.
Navaporn was seriously injured and admitted to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed