Pvt airstrip owner killed in plane crash in Thailand
Bangkok: The owner of Pattaya Air Park, a private airstrip, died after a newly-acquired plane he was flying crashed in Thailand`s Bang Lamung district, police said on Sunday.
The victim was identified as Navaporn Savetwong, 55, owner of Pattaya Air Park in Bang Lamung district in the resort town of Pattaya, police said.
They said Navaporn had yesterday taken up his latest aircraft, which he had brought from England two weeks ago, for a test flight.
However, 15 minutes after take-off, the aircraft spun out of control and crashed into a tapioca field in tambon Huay Yai.
Navaporn was seriously injured and admitted to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan