Pvt airstrip owner killed in plane crash in Thailand
Bangkok: The owner of Pattaya Air Park, a private airstrip, died after a newly-acquired plane he was flying crashed in Thailand`s Bang Lamung district, police said on Sunday.
The victim was identified as Navaporn Savetwong, 55, owner of Pattaya Air Park in Bang Lamung district in the resort town of Pattaya, police said.
They said Navaporn had yesterday taken up his latest aircraft, which he had brought from England two weeks ago, for a test flight.
However, 15 minutes after take-off, the aircraft spun out of control and crashed into a tapioca field in tambon Huay Yai.
Navaporn was seriously injured and admitted to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today