Pvt airstrip owner killed in plane crash in Thailand
Bangkok: The owner of Pattaya Air Park, a private airstrip, died after a newly-acquired plane he was flying crashed in Thailand`s Bang Lamung district, police said on Sunday.
The victim was identified as Navaporn Savetwong, 55, owner of Pattaya Air Park in Bang Lamung district in the resort town of Pattaya, police said.
They said Navaporn had yesterday taken up his latest aircraft, which he had brought from England two weeks ago, for a test flight.
However, 15 minutes after take-off, the aircraft spun out of control and crashed into a tapioca field in tambon Huay Yai.
Navaporn was seriously injured and admitted to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?