Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE
Sharjah: An astronomer in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has forecast the dates for the beginning of the Muslim holy month of fasting and for the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Ramadan may start on July 21 and Eid-ul-Fitr would be on August 19, said Ibrahim Al Jarwan, astronomy researcher and supervisor of the Sharjah Planetarium.
He said the birth of the crescent moon will be on July 19. Sighting of the crescent would be impossible on that night, but it would be visible the next evening. Therefore, the following day would be the first day of Ramadan, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'