Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE
Sharjah: An astronomer in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has forecast the dates for the beginning of the Muslim holy month of fasting and for the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Ramadan may start on July 21 and Eid-ul-Fitr would be on August 19, said Ibrahim Al Jarwan, astronomy researcher and supervisor of the Sharjah Planetarium.
He said the birth of the crescent moon will be on July 19. Sighting of the crescent would be impossible on that night, but it would be visible the next evening. Therefore, the following day would be the first day of Ramadan, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal