Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE
Sharjah: An astronomer in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has forecast the dates for the beginning of the Muslim holy month of fasting and for the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Ramadan may start on July 21 and Eid-ul-Fitr would be on August 19, said Ibrahim Al Jarwan, astronomy researcher and supervisor of the Sharjah Planetarium.
He said the birth of the crescent moon will be on July 19. Sighting of the crescent would be impossible on that night, but it would be visible the next evening. Therefore, the following day would be the first day of Ramadan, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends