Ramadan to begin July 10
Sharjah: The Ramadan crescent will be seen in the evening of July 9. So the first day of Ramadan will be July 10, the Sharjah Planetarium has announced.
The planetarium under the Department of Culture and Information said the Ramadan crescent will form July 8 at 11.14 a.m. and set at 7.08 p.m., five minutes before sunset.
It said Aug 9 will be astronomically the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Ibrahim Al Jarwan, astronomy researcher and supervisor of the Sharjah Planetarium, said the first half of the holy month of Ramadan will witness a rise in temperature to around 46 degrees Celsius, accompanied by dry dusty winds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'