Ramadan to begin July 10
Sharjah: The Ramadan crescent will be seen in the evening of July 9. So the first day of Ramadan will be July 10, the Sharjah Planetarium has announced.
The planetarium under the Department of Culture and Information said the Ramadan crescent will form July 8 at 11.14 a.m. and set at 7.08 p.m., five minutes before sunset.
It said Aug 9 will be astronomically the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Ibrahim Al Jarwan, astronomy researcher and supervisor of the Sharjah Planetarium, said the first half of the holy month of Ramadan will witness a rise in temperature to around 46 degrees Celsius, accompanied by dry dusty winds.
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!
- DU stops sale, distribution of book referring to Bhagat Singh as terrorist