Ramadan to begin July 10
Sharjah: The Ramadan crescent will be seen in the evening of July 9. So the first day of Ramadan will be July 10, the Sharjah Planetarium has announced.
The planetarium under the Department of Culture and Information said the Ramadan crescent will form July 8 at 11.14 a.m. and set at 7.08 p.m., five minutes before sunset.
It said Aug 9 will be astronomically the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Ibrahim Al Jarwan, astronomy researcher and supervisor of the Sharjah Planetarium, said the first half of the holy month of Ramadan will witness a rise in temperature to around 46 degrees Celsius, accompanied by dry dusty winds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you