Romania sends last military mission to Afghanistan
Bucharest: The troops of the Romanian 20th Infantry Battalion left Sunday for Afghanistan for the last mission, Xinhua reported.
The Romanian troops, dubbed the Black Scorpions, have carried out numerous missions in Afghanistan, Bosnia and Iraq.
This time, the main mission of the Black Scorpions is keeping the security and stability in the area in which they will work, supporting in extending the governmental authority as well as ensuring the free movement of the coalition forces.
At the end of the mission, which will last six months, the Black Scorpions will also be in charge of the repatriation of the military equipment from Afghanistan.
This is the last battalion taking part in missions in Afghanistan before the Afghan Army takes control.
Romania began to send troops to Afghanistan in July 2002. At present there are 1,014 Romanian servicemen in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest