Russia has no plans of military base in Cuba
Moscow: Russia has no plans to build a military base in Cuba, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
Lavrov said a Russian military base in Cuba was "out of question", but ships of the Russian Navy, performing tasks all over the world, require support facilities to meet their basic needs.
"Making a port call, replenishing supplies, giving the crew a rest is an absolutely natural need. We have discussed such possibilities with our Cuban friends," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened