Russia has no plans of military base in Cuba
Moscow: Russia has no plans to build a military base in Cuba, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
Lavrov said a Russian military base in Cuba was "out of question", but ships of the Russian Navy, performing tasks all over the world, require support facilities to meet their basic needs.
"Making a port call, replenishing supplies, giving the crew a rest is an absolutely natural need. We have discussed such possibilities with our Cuban friends," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...