Russia has no plans of military base in Cuba
Moscow: Russia has no plans to build a military base in Cuba, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
Lavrov said a Russian military base in Cuba was "out of question", but ships of the Russian Navy, performing tasks all over the world, require support facilities to meet their basic needs.
"Making a port call, replenishing supplies, giving the crew a rest is an absolutely natural need. We have discussed such possibilities with our Cuban friends," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP