Russia to resume global nuclear submarine patrol
Moscow: After a gap of 26 years, Russia will resume patrolling the world`s oceans with its strategic nuclear submarines, the country`s Navy said.
The commander-in-chief of the Russian Navy Admiral Vladimir Visodtski said that the global patrolling of oceans will start around July 01.
It is an event they have been waiting for a long time, he said during a meeting in northern San Petersburg. The development of the Navy is among the top priorities of the current government, he said.
On Thursday, Visodtski met ministers in Severadvinsk, where the shipyards for the construction of the submarines are located, to discuss the development plan of the Russian Navy fleet until 2035.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic