Russia to resume global nuclear submarine patrol
Moscow: After a gap of 26 years, Russia will resume patrolling the world`s oceans with its strategic nuclear submarines, the country`s Navy said.
The commander-in-chief of the Russian Navy Admiral Vladimir Visodtski said that the global patrolling of oceans will start around July 01.
It is an event they have been waiting for a long time, he said during a meeting in northern San Petersburg. The development of the Navy is among the top priorities of the current government, he said.
On Thursday, Visodtski met ministers in Severadvinsk, where the shipyards for the construction of the submarines are located, to discuss the development plan of the Russian Navy fleet until 2035.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok