Russia to resume global nuclear submarine patrol
Moscow: After a gap of 26 years, Russia will resume patrolling the world`s oceans with its strategic nuclear submarines, the country`s Navy said.
The commander-in-chief of the Russian Navy Admiral Vladimir Visodtski said that the global patrolling of oceans will start around July 01.
It is an event they have been waiting for a long time, he said during a meeting in northern San Petersburg. The development of the Navy is among the top priorities of the current government, he said.
On Thursday, Visodtski met ministers in Severadvinsk, where the shipyards for the construction of the submarines are located, to discuss the development plan of the Russian Navy fleet until 2035.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC notice to EC on procedure for unseating lawmaker upon conviction
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO