Russia to resume global nuclear submarine patrol
Moscow: After a gap of 26 years, Russia will resume patrolling the world`s oceans with its strategic nuclear submarines, the country`s Navy said.
The commander-in-chief of the Russian Navy Admiral Vladimir Visodtski said that the global patrolling of oceans will start around July 01.
It is an event they have been waiting for a long time, he said during a meeting in northern San Petersburg. The development of the Navy is among the top priorities of the current government, he said.
On Thursday, Visodtski met ministers in Severadvinsk, where the shipyards for the construction of the submarines are located, to discuss the development plan of the Russian Navy fleet until 2035.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai