Russian compensated for train rush hour problem
Moscow: A man in Russia`s Siberia region got 7,500 rubles ($230) in compensation for "moral damage" that he had suffered during a rush hour train ride, RIA Novosti reported.
The passenger in the Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk filed a lawsuit in February, saying that he bought a train ticket Oct 31, 2010 but had to spend more than two hours in the train`s crowded vestibule as he was unable to get inside a passenger car.
He said he was unable to breathe normally as well as suffered physically and morally, when other passengers were swearing, pushing and stepping on his feet.
Before filing the lawsuit, the man wrote many complaints to the transportation authorities, and found out that on that day, the train had four cars instead of the usual.
The judge ruled that the railroad operator failed to provide the passenger with safe and quality service and ordered it to pay compensation.
The plaintiff initially demanded 50,000 rubles ($1,550).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof