Russian divers find missing gold ship
Moscow: Russian divers have located the sunken cargo ship Amurskaya which was carrying a 700-tonne cargo of gold ore, rescuers from the Yuzhsakhalinsk centre said Wednesday.
The ship had sunk near the Shantarsky islands in the Sea of Okhotsk Oct 28 with nine crew members on board. The vessel was en route from the port of Kiran to the port of Okhotsk with a cargo of gold ore weighing 700 tonnes.
Russia`s Transport ministry confirmed the finding in a statement saying: "With improving weather conditions, after finding a submerged object on sonar, the rescue ship Rubin moored over the object. The object was confirmed as the Amurskaya."
"The divers work is completed. None of the sailors` bodies have been discovered, but a search inside the ship has not taken place," a source said.
A decision on whether it is safe to search inside the ship will be taken later by rescue authorities in Moscow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?