Russian expert who sold rocket secrets to China freed
Moscow: The former head of a Russian rocket technology firm, who was jailed in 2007 for selling state secrets to China, has been released on parole.
Igor Reshetin, former director of TsNIIMASH-Export, was sentenced to 11 and a half years in jail. The term was later reduced to seven on appeal.
Reshetin was charged with illegally selling state-controlled technology to a Chinese firm and with stealing 30 million roubles ($925,000) through bogus companies.
Reshetin`s father, Andrei Reshetin, told Radio Liberty that his son was already with his family.
Several of his colleagues were also jailed.
The TsNIIMASH-Export firm was then linked with Russia`s state space agency.
Reshetin insists he is innocent, and rights groups have said he was convicted on fake charges, a claim denied by the authorities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?