Russian expert who sold rocket secrets to China freed
Moscow: The former head of a Russian rocket technology firm, who was jailed in 2007 for selling state secrets to China, has been released on parole.
Igor Reshetin, former director of TsNIIMASH-Export, was sentenced to 11 and a half years in jail. The term was later reduced to seven on appeal.
Reshetin was charged with illegally selling state-controlled technology to a Chinese firm and with stealing 30 million roubles ($925,000) through bogus companies.
Reshetin`s father, Andrei Reshetin, told Radio Liberty that his son was already with his family.
Several of his colleagues were also jailed.
The TsNIIMASH-Export firm was then linked with Russia`s state space agency.
Reshetin insists he is innocent, and rights groups have said he was convicted on fake charges, a claim denied by the authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!