Second man charged over `prank` US airport ice bombs

Last Updated: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 11:42

Los Angeles: A second man was charged Monday in connection with dry ice bombs planted at the Los Angeles International Airport, police said.

Airport worker Miguel Angel Iniguez, 41, was arrested Friday on suspicion of possession of a destructive device near an aircraft, after three devices went off.
Nobody was injured, but the incidents led to evacuations and disrupted some flights.
Iniguez was the supervisor of Dicarlo Bennett, who was charged on two similar counts last week.

Iniguez allegedly made the third explosive device that detonated outside the Tom Bradley terminal, said the LA County District Attorney`s office.

Bennett and Iniguez could face up to six years in jail, though police said Bennett set off the devices as a prank rather than anything more sinister.


Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.

First Published: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 11:42

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus