Several assassination attempts on Obama, Romney ‘nipped in bud’ during campaign
New York: A number of attempts to assassinate US President Barack Obama and his Republican rival Mitt Romney were foiled by Secret Service agents over the course of the 2012 presidential campaign, a reporter has claimed.
In an article about Romney’s intensive security detail written by GQ’s Marc Ambinder, the journalist said that in the Secret Service’s busiest year yet, “several assassination plots were nipped in the bud.”
According to the New York Daily News, members of the media almost immediately questioned the claim, especially as Ambinder took to Twitter to suggest that more information might come out in a print edition of the article.
Secret Service spokesman Edwin Donovan told Politicker that they do not agree with Ambinder’s report.
“We didn’t work with Marc Ambinder on that article, so I don’t know what his sourcing is,” Donovan told the publication.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested