Singapore PM congratulates Narendra Modi
New Delhi:BJP leader Narendra Modi Saturday exchanged tweets with Singapore`s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who congratulated him on his victory in the Lok Sabha polls.
Loong, who congratulated Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party earlier, wrote: "Congrats to @narendramodi and BJP on their electoral success! Look forward to working with new Indian government to strengthen India-Singapore relations. - LHL."
Calling Singapore a "valued friend", Modi replied: "Thank you very much. Singapore is a valued friend and I am sure we will make our ties stronger in the times to come."
Modi, all set to become India`s 14th prime minister, arrived here Saturday to attend the party`s parliamentary board meeting.
The BJP leader, who is active on the micro-blogging site, sent individual replies to the many congratulatory messages he received on the web site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra