Singapore PM congratulates Narendra Modi
New Delhi:BJP leader Narendra Modi Saturday exchanged tweets with Singapore`s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who congratulated him on his victory in the Lok Sabha polls.
Loong, who congratulated Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party earlier, wrote: "Congrats to @narendramodi and BJP on their electoral success! Look forward to working with new Indian government to strengthen India-Singapore relations. - LHL."
Calling Singapore a "valued friend", Modi replied: "Thank you very much. Singapore is a valued friend and I am sure we will make our ties stronger in the times to come."
Modi, all set to become India`s 14th prime minister, arrived here Saturday to attend the party`s parliamentary board meeting.
The BJP leader, who is active on the micro-blogging site, sent individual replies to the many congratulatory messages he received on the web site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says