Six hurt in shooting and stampede at Houston Caribbean festival
Reuters: A shooter opened fire into a crowd at a Caribbean festival in Houston in the early hours of Saturday, critically wounding one man and injuring three others, and police said they were looking for the attacker.
In addition to the four men hurt in the shooting, two women were hurt in the stampede for the exits that followed the attack, which occurred at 1:55 a.m. local time, Houston Police Department spokeswoman Jodi Silva said .
Of those wounded in the shooting, one man was hospitalized in critical condition and three men were taken to area hospitals with less severe injuries, police said.
About 30 off-duty police officers were providing security for the event, but they were standing on the perimeter of the arena, not inside where the shooting occurred, police said. No arrests have been made.
A representative for the Houston Caribbean Festival could not be reached for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire