Strauss-Kahn files $1 mn suit against NY hotel maid
Paris: Shamed former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has filed a one million dollar countersuit against the New York hotel maid who accused him of sexually assaulting her in May last year.
Strauss-Kahn accused Nafissatou Diallo of ‘knowingly and intentionally making a false report to law-enforcement authorities’ that cost him his job as IMF head.
The disgraced French politician also said the ‘malicious and wanton false allegation’ damaged his worldwide reputation and caused him to lose ‘other professional opportunities’, News.com.au reports.
The Bronx Supreme Court filing does not specify those job prospects, but Strauss-Kahn admits elsewhere in court papers ‘that he ``was considered by some to become the next president of France.’
According to the report, Strauss-Kahn``s countersuit charges Diallo with malicious prosecution, abuse of process, false imprisonment, defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Strauss-Kahn admits he and Diallo "engaged in mutually consensual sexual acts" in his luxury suite at Sofitel hotel.
But after Diallo ‘falsely reported that she had been sexually assaulted’, Strauss-Kahn said he was arrested and ‘subjected to a degrading and humiliating strip search, photographed naked, and forced to provide penal swabs as part of a forensic examination’.
“Strauss-Kahn also was paraded in front of international media in handcuffs as part of a ``perp walk`` intended to humiliate him, even though he committed no crime,” his countersuit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!