Strauss-Kahn files $1 mn suit against NY hotel maid
Paris: Shamed former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has filed a one million dollar countersuit against the New York hotel maid who accused him of sexually assaulting her in May last year.
Strauss-Kahn accused Nafissatou Diallo of ‘knowingly and intentionally making a false report to law-enforcement authorities’ that cost him his job as IMF head.
The disgraced French politician also said the ‘malicious and wanton false allegation’ damaged his worldwide reputation and caused him to lose ‘other professional opportunities’, News.com.au reports.
The Bronx Supreme Court filing does not specify those job prospects, but Strauss-Kahn admits elsewhere in court papers ‘that he ``was considered by some to become the next president of France.’
According to the report, Strauss-Kahn``s countersuit charges Diallo with malicious prosecution, abuse of process, false imprisonment, defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Strauss-Kahn admits he and Diallo "engaged in mutually consensual sexual acts" in his luxury suite at Sofitel hotel.
But after Diallo ‘falsely reported that she had been sexually assaulted’, Strauss-Kahn said he was arrested and ‘subjected to a degrading and humiliating strip search, photographed naked, and forced to provide penal swabs as part of a forensic examination’.
“Strauss-Kahn also was paraded in front of international media in handcuffs as part of a ``perp walk`` intended to humiliate him, even though he committed no crime,” his countersuit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note