Sudan will not `give an inch` of country: Bashir
Khartoum: Sudan`s Omar Hassan al-Bashir on Thursday said he would retake the disputed oil-producing Heglig region after escalating border clashes with South Sudan that have edged the two African neighbours closer to all-out war.
"We will not give them an inch of our country, and whoever extends his hand on Sudan, we will cut it," Bashir told a rally of thousands of people in El-Obeid, capital of Sudan`s North Kordofan state.
"Heglig is in Kordofan," he said in the speech broadcast on state television, dancing and waving his walking stick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi