Sudan will not `give an inch` of country: Bashir
Khartoum: Sudan`s Omar Hassan al-Bashir on Thursday said he would retake the disputed oil-producing Heglig region after escalating border clashes with South Sudan that have edged the two African neighbours closer to all-out war.
"We will not give them an inch of our country, and whoever extends his hand on Sudan, we will cut it," Bashir told a rally of thousands of people in El-Obeid, capital of Sudan`s North Kordofan state.
"Heglig is in Kordofan," he said in the speech broadcast on state television, dancing and waving his walking stick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- After Sachin Tendulkar, now 'Bharat Ratna' demand for Virat Kohli
- So sweet! Genelia Deshmukh gushes over hubby Riteish Deshmukh's handsome get-up – View pic
- IIFA mania: 'Green and Gold' Sonakshi Sinha will make you fall in love with her all over again!
- I was more focused after Centennial Park bombing: Leander Paes
- AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya arrested from press conference