Suspected members of Boko Haram kill three in Nigeria
Abuja: Suspected members of radical outfit - Boko Haram - have gunned down three persons in a mosque in northern Nigeria, police said Tuesday.
Police spokesperson for Kano state, Musa Magaji Majia said security personnel have been deployed to the area with a view to arrest the suspected gunmen.
He said motorcycle-borne militants rode into the area and shot in the air before shooting at their victims.
However, it is not yet confirmed whether the victims were the actual targets of attack.
"Although no arrest had been made, investigation had since commenced on the incident," Majia said.
Islamic sect Boko Haram has killed thousands of people in northern Nigeria. The group has promised to fight the Nigerian government until it concedes to its demand of allowing it to carve out an Islamic caliphate out of northern Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids
- Syrian migrant killed by own bomb at German bar
- CBI court to pronounce its order on Rajendra Kumar's bail plea today