Suspected members of Boko Haram kill three in Nigeria
Abuja: Suspected members of radical outfit - Boko Haram - have gunned down three persons in a mosque in northern Nigeria, police said Tuesday.
Police spokesperson for Kano state, Musa Magaji Majia said security personnel have been deployed to the area with a view to arrest the suspected gunmen.
He said motorcycle-borne militants rode into the area and shot in the air before shooting at their victims.
However, it is not yet confirmed whether the victims were the actual targets of attack.
"Although no arrest had been made, investigation had since commenced on the incident," Majia said.
Islamic sect Boko Haram has killed thousands of people in northern Nigeria. The group has promised to fight the Nigerian government until it concedes to its demand of allowing it to carve out an Islamic caliphate out of northern Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket