Suspected members of Boko Haram kill three in Nigeria
Abuja: Suspected members of radical outfit - Boko Haram - have gunned down three persons in a mosque in northern Nigeria, police said Tuesday.
Police spokesperson for Kano state, Musa Magaji Majia said security personnel have been deployed to the area with a view to arrest the suspected gunmen.
He said motorcycle-borne militants rode into the area and shot in the air before shooting at their victims.
However, it is not yet confirmed whether the victims were the actual targets of attack.
"Although no arrest had been made, investigation had since commenced on the incident," Majia said.
Islamic sect Boko Haram has killed thousands of people in northern Nigeria. The group has promised to fight the Nigerian government until it concedes to its demand of allowing it to carve out an Islamic caliphate out of northern Nigeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how online companies may be cheating you on discounts!
- Bihar Board Intermediate Result: BSEB 12th Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- Sadhguru to lead yoga session at UN on 2nd International Yoga Day
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- US military restricts troops after murder in Okinawa