Sydney police charge woman for racially abusing Asian boy in bus
Sydney: The woman who racially abused a young boy racial on a Sydney bus has been identified and charged, police has confirmed.
Though no complaint was formally lodged by the victim or his family, police were so horrified at the `disturbing` footage they arrested the woman after an intensive search operation for nearly three weeks.
According to the Herald Sun, the 55-year-old, who lives in Sydney`s inner west, was issued a field court attendance for offensive language under the summary offences act.
Commander, Police Transport Command, Assistant Commissioner Max Mitchell said that this type of racial abuse, especially with young children, is completely deplorable and will not be tolerated.
The woman hurled verbal abuse at the young boy, who along with his friend, stood in the aisle of the bus for protecting `fragile equipment` on the bus seats, when the agitated woman started claiming that the pair are blocking her view.
According to the report, the woman had abusively asked the boy to get a passport and to sit down or leave the country, to which the boy had retaliated and asked her to de-board the bus instead.
The report said that one of the passengers who filmed the footage and aired it on YouTube said that the tirade had lasted for about twelve minutes and the majority of passengers on board were Asian school children.
The report said that `the driver had to stop the public vehicle several times` and confronted the situation by asking the woman to stop hurling verbal profanities but the woman `continued with the abuse the full trip`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation