Sydney police charge woman for racially abusing Asian boy in bus
Sydney: The woman who racially abused a young boy racial on a Sydney bus has been identified and charged, police has confirmed.
Though no complaint was formally lodged by the victim or his family, police were so horrified at the `disturbing` footage they arrested the woman after an intensive search operation for nearly three weeks.
According to the Herald Sun, the 55-year-old, who lives in Sydney`s inner west, was issued a field court attendance for offensive language under the summary offences act.
Commander, Police Transport Command, Assistant Commissioner Max Mitchell said that this type of racial abuse, especially with young children, is completely deplorable and will not be tolerated.
The woman hurled verbal abuse at the young boy, who along with his friend, stood in the aisle of the bus for protecting `fragile equipment` on the bus seats, when the agitated woman started claiming that the pair are blocking her view.
According to the report, the woman had abusively asked the boy to get a passport and to sit down or leave the country, to which the boy had retaliated and asked her to de-board the bus instead.
The report said that one of the passengers who filmed the footage and aired it on YouTube said that the tirade had lasted for about twelve minutes and the majority of passengers on board were Asian school children.
The report said that `the driver had to stop the public vehicle several times` and confronted the situation by asking the woman to stop hurling verbal profanities but the woman `continued with the abuse the full trip`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof