Syria: Fresh clashes between govt and rebels in Aleppo
Beirut: As fighting between the Syrian government forces and rebels continues on the fourth day, fresh clashes in Aleppo were reported on Tuesday.
Syrian government forces bombarded the city with heavy shelling and military helicopters attacks on the key rebel positions. On early Tuesday, the rebel fighters used tanks that were captured by them from the Syrian government forces and tried to take over a key road that leads to the Turkish border.
The battle between the rebels and Syrian government has resulted in heavy casualties. According to activists, at least 25 people were reported dead on Monday. Civilians, still stuck in the city, have abandoned their homes and are facing dire shortage of supplies.
US President Barack Obama and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan spoke on “coordinate efforts to accelerate a political transition in Syria which would include the departure of (Syrian leader) Bashar al-Assad.”
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH