Syria: Fresh clashes between govt and rebels in Aleppo
Beirut: As fighting between the Syrian government forces and rebels continues on the fourth day, fresh clashes in Aleppo were reported on Tuesday.
Syrian government forces bombarded the city with heavy shelling and military helicopters attacks on the key rebel positions. On early Tuesday, the rebel fighters used tanks that were captured by them from the Syrian government forces and tried to take over a key road that leads to the Turkish border.
The battle between the rebels and Syrian government has resulted in heavy casualties. According to activists, at least 25 people were reported dead on Monday. Civilians, still stuck in the city, have abandoned their homes and are facing dire shortage of supplies.
US President Barack Obama and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan spoke on “coordinate efforts to accelerate a political transition in Syria which would include the departure of (Syrian leader) Bashar al-Assad.”
(With Agency Inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma