Syria: Gunmen kidnap three Iranian truck drivers
Damascus: Three Iranian drivers were kidnapped late Tuesday by unidentified gunmen in Syria`s northern Aleppo province, just hours after a 12-member Shi’ite Lebanese convoy were kidnapped in the same area, an Iranian diplomatic source said on Wednesday.
The Iranians were truck drivers, the source in the Iranian embassy told Xinhua.
Around 11 Lebanese Shi’ite pilgrims were kidnapped along with their Syrian driver on Tuesday by armed groups in Aleppo`s Azzaz area, while they were on their way back to Lebanon from Iran.
Many Shi’ite Muslims have been kidnapped in Syria by armed rebels, who accuse Iran of sending its fighters to help the Syrian government in stamping out the anti-regime movement in the country.
Some observers believe that such incidents meant basically to drive wedges between the close regional allies of Syria, Iran and the Lebanese Hezbollah group, thus weakening the ever-increasing tide of Shi’ite influence in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested