Taliban has no office in Iran: Iranian spokesman
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast rejected reports that Tehran has allowed the Taliban to open an office in the Islamic republic, Press TV reported on Tuesday.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran only recognizes the lawful government of Afghanistan," Mehmanparast was quoted as saying on Monday.
In July, the Wall Street Journal reported that Tehran has allowed the Taliban to set up an office in the eastern Iranian city of Zahedan in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev