Taliban has no office in Iran: Iranian spokesman
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast rejected reports that Tehran has allowed the Taliban to open an office in the Islamic republic, Press TV reported on Tuesday.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran only recognizes the lawful government of Afghanistan," Mehmanparast was quoted as saying on Monday.
In July, the Wall Street Journal reported that Tehran has allowed the Taliban to set up an office in the eastern Iranian city of Zahedan in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29