Taliban has no office in Iran: Iranian spokesman
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast rejected reports that Tehran has allowed the Taliban to open an office in the Islamic republic, Press TV reported on Tuesday.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran only recognizes the lawful government of Afghanistan," Mehmanparast was quoted as saying on Monday.
In July, the Wall Street Journal reported that Tehran has allowed the Taliban to set up an office in the eastern Iranian city of Zahedan in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter