Taliban has no office in Iran: Iranian spokesman
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast rejected reports that Tehran has allowed the Taliban to open an office in the Islamic republic, Press TV reported on Tuesday.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran only recognizes the lawful government of Afghanistan," Mehmanparast was quoted as saying on Monday.
In July, the Wall Street Journal reported that Tehran has allowed the Taliban to set up an office in the eastern Iranian city of Zahedan in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rajan finished SMEs to help American MNCs: Swamy
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29
- Oil slips as $50 level sparks new output fears
- GSK gets EU approval for first gene therapy for children
- US President Barack Obama mourns dead in Hiroshima, calls for world without nuclear arms