Thai navy searching for Bangladeshis
Bangkok: The Thai navy Friday searched for Bangladeshi crewmen missing in the Andaman Sea after their mercantile vessel capsized off Phuket in southern Thailand.
Thai navy`s Dornier patrol plane and helicopters continued the search and rescue mission for seven or eight crew members of the Bangladeshi bulk cargo ship, MV Hope, Xinhua reported.
The vessel capsized about 45 nautical miles north of the resort island. Six Bangladeshis had been rescued from the sinking boat while two bodies were found floating in the sea.
Strong winds and high tides in the Andaman Sea had slowed down the search and rescue mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt