Toll rises to 20 in Nigeria bomb blast
Abuja: The death toll in Nigeria`s Nyanya bomb blast has increased to 20 after one of the victims died in hospital, the West African country`s ministry of health said Saturday. The number of injured according to the ministry is 85.
Also, 14 of the 85 victims affected by the Thursday bomb blast have been treated and discharged from the various hospitals, Xinhua reported.
There are other victims who were not captured in the official list. They were said to have gone to treat themselves as they only had minor injuries.
Minister of Health Onyebuchi Chukwu and Minister of State for Health Khaliru Alhassan were at various hospitals to interact with the survivors of the blast.
They visited Asokoro Hopsital, Nyanya Hopsital, Maitama, Wuse and Gwarinpa Hospital.
Speaking at the end of their visit, both ministers expressed satisfaction at the recovery of the patients who they said are responding to treatment.
Chukwu also said the ministry is doing everything possible to deal with the after effect of the blast on the victims.
He noted that personnel have been trained to handle the issue of trauma
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt