Toll rises to 20 in Nigeria bomb blast
Abuja: The death toll in Nigeria`s Nyanya bomb blast has increased to 20 after one of the victims died in hospital, the West African country`s ministry of health said Saturday. The number of injured according to the ministry is 85.
Also, 14 of the 85 victims affected by the Thursday bomb blast have been treated and discharged from the various hospitals, Xinhua reported.
There are other victims who were not captured in the official list. They were said to have gone to treat themselves as they only had minor injuries.
Minister of Health Onyebuchi Chukwu and Minister of State for Health Khaliru Alhassan were at various hospitals to interact with the survivors of the blast.
They visited Asokoro Hopsital, Nyanya Hopsital, Maitama, Wuse and Gwarinpa Hospital.
Speaking at the end of their visit, both ministers expressed satisfaction at the recovery of the patients who they said are responding to treatment.
Chukwu also said the ministry is doing everything possible to deal with the after effect of the blast on the victims.
He noted that personnel have been trained to handle the issue of trauma
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside
- BJP's Yashwant Sinha slams NDA policy towards Pakistan, hints at war-like-situation
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue