Topless Femen activists held in Vatican
Rome: Four activists of Ukrainian feminist group Femen were held for staging a topless protest for gay rights at the Vatican Sunday.
They protested when Pope Benedict XVI was reciting his prayer.
The activists with slogans "In Gay We Trust" painted on their backs, staged the protest by the Christmas tree in the centre of St. Peter`s Square, media reports said.
The women were briefly detained by Vatican police.
Ukraine`s radical feminist movement Femen was established in 2008. It is devoted mainly to protests on women`s issues. The group has earlier made headlines for pro-democracy and anti-corruption protests in Russia, Ukraine and London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hair-raising CCTV footage: MP labourer touches high-voltage live electric wire – See what happens next
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- One arrest in Bangladesh over boy`s gruesome killing
- Huge crowds at Shiva temples on first Monday of Shravan
- Germany warns of anti-migrant backlash after week of bloodshed