Topless Femen activists held in Vatican
Rome: Four activists of Ukrainian feminist group Femen were held for staging a topless protest for gay rights at the Vatican Sunday.
They protested when Pope Benedict XVI was reciting his prayer.
The activists with slogans "In Gay We Trust" painted on their backs, staged the protest by the Christmas tree in the centre of St. Peter`s Square, media reports said.
The women were briefly detained by Vatican police.
Ukraine`s radical feminist movement Femen was established in 2008. It is devoted mainly to protests on women`s issues. The group has earlier made headlines for pro-democracy and anti-corruption protests in Russia, Ukraine and London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks