Topless Femen activists held in Vatican
Rome: Four activists of Ukrainian feminist group Femen were held for staging a topless protest for gay rights at the Vatican Sunday.
They protested when Pope Benedict XVI was reciting his prayer.
The activists with slogans "In Gay We Trust" painted on their backs, staged the protest by the Christmas tree in the centre of St. Peter`s Square, media reports said.
The women were briefly detained by Vatican police.
Ukraine`s radical feminist movement Femen was established in 2008. It is devoted mainly to protests on women`s issues. The group has earlier made headlines for pro-democracy and anti-corruption protests in Russia, Ukraine and London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video