Trinidad lawmakers end historic 27-hour debate
Port-of-Spain: Legislators in Trinidad have
rejected a no-confidence motion against the Island`s Prime
Minister after a marathon 27-hour debate.
Twenty-nine legislators of the ruling People`s
Partnership party voted against the motion filed by opposition leader Keith Rowley.
He had accused Indian-origin Prime Minister Kamla
Persad-Bissessar of failing to stimulate the economy, create
jobs and reduce violence.
Eleven opposition legislators voted in favour of the
It is the first time since Trinidad`s independence that a
no-confidence motion has been filed against a leader who has
spent less than two years in office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan