Trinidad lawmakers end historic 27-hour debate
Port-of-Spain: Legislators in Trinidad have
rejected a no-confidence motion against the Island`s Prime
Minister after a marathon 27-hour debate.
Twenty-nine legislators of the ruling People`s
Partnership party voted against the motion filed by opposition leader Keith Rowley.
He had accused Indian-origin Prime Minister Kamla
Persad-Bissessar of failing to stimulate the economy, create
jobs and reduce violence.
Eleven opposition legislators voted in favour of the
It is the first time since Trinidad`s independence that a
no-confidence motion has been filed against a leader who has
spent less than two years in office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!