Turkey role model for Islamic states: Gilani
Turkey has been a role model for the Islamic states because of its efforts towards strengthening democracy, Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said.
He said Turkey has emerged as a modern society while retaining its distinct features and heritage. Gilani made the remarks after visiting Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan addressed a joint session of parliament on Monday, Geo TV reported.
"We are determined to steer our partnership to even greater heights. Our bilateral trade stood at $1 billion last year. Our endeavour is to enhance it to $2 billion by end of this year," Gilani said.
"We will also follow footsteps of Turkey to strengthen democracy. The goodwill between both countries provides a unique platform to further solidify strong ties," he added.
The Turkish prime minister arrived here on Sunday on a three-day official visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur