Turkey role model for Islamic states: Gilani
Turkey has been a role model for the Islamic states because of its efforts towards strengthening democracy, Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said.
He said Turkey has emerged as a modern society while retaining its distinct features and heritage. Gilani made the remarks after visiting Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan addressed a joint session of parliament on Monday, Geo TV reported.
"We are determined to steer our partnership to even greater heights. Our bilateral trade stood at $1 billion last year. Our endeavour is to enhance it to $2 billion by end of this year," Gilani said.
"We will also follow footsteps of Turkey to strengthen democracy. The goodwill between both countries provides a unique platform to further solidify strong ties," he added.
The Turkish prime minister arrived here on Sunday on a three-day official visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack