Turkish police dispose of bomb near Istanbul hotel
Istanbul: Turkey`s state-run television says police have disposed of a bomb left outside a hotel in Istanbul in a controlled-explosion.
TRT television says hotel cleaners discovered a bag outside the hotel early today and notified police.
It said bomb squads determined that the bag contained a bomb, closed all adjacent roads and set it off in a controlled-explosion.
The type of bomb and how much damage it would have caused were not immediately known.
There were no immediate claims of responsibility. Kurdish rebels and militant leftist and Islamic groups have carried out bomb attacks in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials