Turkish police dispose of bomb near Istanbul hotel
Istanbul: Turkey`s state-run television says police have disposed of a bomb left outside a hotel in Istanbul in a controlled-explosion.
TRT television says hotel cleaners discovered a bag outside the hotel early today and notified police.
It said bomb squads determined that the bag contained a bomb, closed all adjacent roads and set it off in a controlled-explosion.
The type of bomb and how much damage it would have caused were not immediately known.
There were no immediate claims of responsibility. Kurdish rebels and militant leftist and Islamic groups have carried out bomb attacks in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Panel's report reignites debate over Clinton and Benghazi
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free