Two anti-al Qaeda women gunned down in Iraq
Baghdad: The wife and daughter of an anti-al Qaeda leader in Iraq were on Saturday gunned down inside their house, Xinhua reported.
Gunmen stormed the house of Sheikh Dhiyab Mahmoud, leader of the government-backed Awakening Council in Grama town near Fallujah, around 50 km from Baghdad, a police official said.
The attackers shot dead Mahmoud`s wife and daughter. Mahmoud was not at home at the time of the attack, the official said.
The Awakening Council -- also known as Sons of Iraq movement or Sahwa -- comprises mostly of anti-US Sunni groups, who later turned against the al Qaeda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'