Two Iranian pilots killed in fighter crash: Report
Tehran: A news agency reports an Iranian F-5 fighter jet has crashed near the Iraqi border, killing two pilots.
The fighter crashed in highlands after it took off from a military air base in Dezful, 460 kilometers southwest of the capital, Tehran, according to a report by the semi-official Mehr news agency. It cited Morad Nasseri, governor of the nearby Abdanan region.
Nasseri said two pilots were killed in the crash. He said investigators arrived on the scene.
Iran`s air force has an assortment of US-made military aircraft, including F-5 Phantoms, purchased before the 1979 Islamic Revolution. It has also Russian-made MiG and Sukhoi planes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?