Two Iranian pilots killed in fighter crash: Report
Tehran: A news agency reports an Iranian F-5 fighter jet has crashed near the Iraqi border, killing two pilots.
The fighter crashed in highlands after it took off from a military air base in Dezful, 460 kilometers southwest of the capital, Tehran, according to a report by the semi-official Mehr news agency. It cited Morad Nasseri, governor of the nearby Abdanan region.
Nasseri said two pilots were killed in the crash. He said investigators arrived on the scene.
Iran`s air force has an assortment of US-made military aircraft, including F-5 Phantoms, purchased before the 1979 Islamic Revolution. It has also Russian-made MiG and Sukhoi planes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video