Two Iranian pilots killed in fighter crash: Report
Tehran: A news agency reports an Iranian F-5 fighter jet has crashed near the Iraqi border, killing two pilots.
The fighter crashed in highlands after it took off from a military air base in Dezful, 460 kilometers southwest of the capital, Tehran, according to a report by the semi-official Mehr news agency. It cited Morad Nasseri, governor of the nearby Abdanan region.
Nasseri said two pilots were killed in the crash. He said investigators arrived on the scene.
Iran`s air force has an assortment of US-made military aircraft, including F-5 Phantoms, purchased before the 1979 Islamic Revolution. It has also Russian-made MiG and Sukhoi planes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test