Tyrnyauz mayor killed in Kabardino-Balkaria
Nalchik: The Mayor of Tyrnyauz in Russia has been found dead in a car in the Elbrus district, officials said.
Kabardino-Balkaria is investigating the murder of Zhamal Gemuyev, the Interior Ministry said on Friday.
"The mayor was found dead with gunshot wounds on Friday in an Opel car between the villages Bedyk and Zhankhoteko in the Elbrus district," the press service said, noting that the experts found five 9-mm cartridge shells, presumably from a PM pistol.
A team of detectives and operatives is working on the murder scene.
A criminal case has been opened under articles of the Russian Criminal Code for premeditated murder and illegal circulation of weapons and ammunition, a source in the investigation department in Kabardino-Balkaria said.
Zhamal Gemuyev, 37, had wife and three children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?