Ukraine opposition protests election results
Kiev: Ukrainian opposition leaders are refusing to accept the official final results of the national parliamentary election.
The Central Elections Common quietly posted final results for 445 of the parliament`s 450 seats over the weekend. They showed that President Viktor Yanukovych`s party and allied parties will control a majority of seats.
The commission said vote-counting for five seats had been unlawful and those races must be rerun.
The opposition insists it won those five seats.
Arseniy Yatsenyuk, a leader of the main opposition party, said today that the opposition does not recognize the results and will challenge them in local and international courts.
It was unclear whether opposition members who won other seats would begin work in the new parliament set to convene in mid-December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez