Ukraine opposition protests election results
Kiev: Ukrainian opposition leaders are refusing to accept the official final results of the national parliamentary election.
The Central Elections Common quietly posted final results for 445 of the parliament`s 450 seats over the weekend. They showed that President Viktor Yanukovych`s party and allied parties will control a majority of seats.
The commission said vote-counting for five seats had been unlawful and those races must be rerun.
The opposition insists it won those five seats.
Arseniy Yatsenyuk, a leader of the main opposition party, said today that the opposition does not recognize the results and will challenge them in local and international courts.
It was unclear whether opposition members who won other seats would begin work in the new parliament set to convene in mid-December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news