Ukraine opposition protests election results
Kiev: Ukrainian opposition leaders are refusing to accept the official final results of the national parliamentary election.
The Central Elections Common quietly posted final results for 445 of the parliament`s 450 seats over the weekend. They showed that President Viktor Yanukovych`s party and allied parties will control a majority of seats.
The commission said vote-counting for five seats had been unlawful and those races must be rerun.
The opposition insists it won those five seats.
Arseniy Yatsenyuk, a leader of the main opposition party, said today that the opposition does not recognize the results and will challenge them in local and international courts.
It was unclear whether opposition members who won other seats would begin work in the new parliament set to convene in mid-December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa