Ukraine opposition protests election results
Kiev: Ukrainian opposition leaders are refusing to accept the official final results of the national parliamentary election.
The Central Elections Common quietly posted final results for 445 of the parliament`s 450 seats over the weekend. They showed that President Viktor Yanukovych`s party and allied parties will control a majority of seats.
The commission said vote-counting for five seats had been unlawful and those races must be rerun.
The opposition insists it won those five seats.
Arseniy Yatsenyuk, a leader of the main opposition party, said today that the opposition does not recognize the results and will challenge them in local and international courts.
It was unclear whether opposition members who won other seats would begin work in the new parliament set to convene in mid-December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer