Ukraine opposition protests election results
Kiev: Ukrainian opposition leaders are refusing to accept the official final results of the national parliamentary election.
The Central Elections Common quietly posted final results for 445 of the parliament`s 450 seats over the weekend. They showed that President Viktor Yanukovych`s party and allied parties will control a majority of seats.
The commission said vote-counting for five seats had been unlawful and those races must be rerun.
The opposition insists it won those five seats.
Arseniy Yatsenyuk, a leader of the main opposition party, said today that the opposition does not recognize the results and will challenge them in local and international courts.
It was unclear whether opposition members who won other seats would begin work in the new parliament set to convene in mid-December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees