UN chief discusses Syria with Chinese minister
Beijing: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon held talks over phone with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi on the ongoing Syrian crisis, Xinhua reported.
Yang said that as far as the situation in Syria was concerned, what is needed now is to immediately call for a ceasefire and stop violence to prevent the situation from spiralling out of control.
He said the international community should continue their support for the mediation efforts of Kofi Annan.
Ban said he attaches importance to China`s position and role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok