UN chief discusses Syria with Chinese minister
Beijing: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon held talks over phone with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi on the ongoing Syrian crisis, Xinhua reported.
Yang said that as far as the situation in Syria was concerned, what is needed now is to immediately call for a ceasefire and stop violence to prevent the situation from spiralling out of control.
He said the international community should continue their support for the mediation efforts of Kofi Annan.
Ban said he attaches importance to China`s position and role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?