UN chief discusses Syria with Chinese minister
Beijing: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon held talks over phone with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi on the ongoing Syrian crisis, Xinhua reported.
Yang said that as far as the situation in Syria was concerned, what is needed now is to immediately call for a ceasefire and stop violence to prevent the situation from spiralling out of control.
He said the international community should continue their support for the mediation efforts of Kofi Annan.
Ban said he attaches importance to China`s position and role.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill