UN chief discusses Syria with Chinese minister
Beijing: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon held talks over phone with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi on the ongoing Syrian crisis, Xinhua reported.
Yang said that as far as the situation in Syria was concerned, what is needed now is to immediately call for a ceasefire and stop violence to prevent the situation from spiralling out of control.
He said the international community should continue their support for the mediation efforts of Kofi Annan.
Ban said he attaches importance to China`s position and role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog