UN chief discusses Syria with Chinese minister
Beijing: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon held talks over phone with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi on the ongoing Syrian crisis, Xinhua reported.
Yang said that as far as the situation in Syria was concerned, what is needed now is to immediately call for a ceasefire and stop violence to prevent the situation from spiralling out of control.
He said the international community should continue their support for the mediation efforts of Kofi Annan.
Ban said he attaches importance to China`s position and role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing