UN nuke agency to issue report on Iran
Salzburg: The International Atomic Energy Agency is preparing to issue its latest report on Iran, focusing on activities that could be used to make nuclear weapons.
The confidential report was expected to be circulated today among the 35-nation board of the IAEA, the Vienna-based UN nuclear monitor.
Iran insists all its nuclear activities are peaceful. But it is under UN and other sanctions because it refuses to stop uranium enrichment. Tehran says it is enriching only to make nuclear fuel and for research. But the international community fears it could turn the program to making weapons-grade enriched uranium used in warheads.
The IAEA is also trying to follow up suspicions that Iran secretly worked on nuclear arms, allegations the Islamic Republic strenuously denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'