UN nuke agency to issue report on Iran
Salzburg: The International Atomic Energy Agency is preparing to issue its latest report on Iran, focusing on activities that could be used to make nuclear weapons.
The confidential report was expected to be circulated today among the 35-nation board of the IAEA, the Vienna-based UN nuclear monitor.
Iran insists all its nuclear activities are peaceful. But it is under UN and other sanctions because it refuses to stop uranium enrichment. Tehran says it is enriching only to make nuclear fuel and for research. But the international community fears it could turn the program to making weapons-grade enriched uranium used in warheads.
The IAEA is also trying to follow up suspicions that Iran secretly worked on nuclear arms, allegations the Islamic Republic strenuously denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price