UN nuke agency to issue report on Iran
Salzburg: The International Atomic Energy Agency is preparing to issue its latest report on Iran, focusing on activities that could be used to make nuclear weapons.
The confidential report was expected to be circulated today among the 35-nation board of the IAEA, the Vienna-based UN nuclear monitor.
Iran insists all its nuclear activities are peaceful. But it is under UN and other sanctions because it refuses to stop uranium enrichment. Tehran says it is enriching only to make nuclear fuel and for research. But the international community fears it could turn the program to making weapons-grade enriched uranium used in warheads.
The IAEA is also trying to follow up suspicions that Iran secretly worked on nuclear arms, allegations the Islamic Republic strenuously denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind