UN Security Council condemns Syria bombings
United Nations: The Security Council has condemned the latest terrorist attacks in the Syrian capital of Damascus and called upon all parties to implement a UN peace plan to end 14 months of violence.
Ambassador Bashar Ja`afari said the two bombings in Damascus "took the lives of 56 innocent individuals and injured 372 others, who received grave injuries, in addition to the remains of 50 individuals who still have not been identified."
He said another explosion at the same time in Aleppo, Syria`s second city, "led also to... civilian victims and massive damages to private property."
The council in a statement today reaffirmed that "terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security, and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable regardless of their motivation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read