US accuses Iran of nuke `deception and delay`
Vienna: A senior US envoy says Iran is committed to "deception, defiance and delay" in how it deals with international concerns about its nuclear program.
The hard-hitting comments by Joseph MacManus to the 35-nation board of the International Atomic Energy Agency reflect US frustration over Iran`s expanding uranium enrichment program and stalled attempts by the UN`s nuclear agency to probe suspicions that Tehran might have tried to develop nuclear weapons in secret.
Iran denies any such efforts and says all its nuclear activities are peaceful. But it continues to block IAEA experts access to sites, officials and documents it wants to probe and refuse the UN Security Council demands to stop enrichment, which can be used to make reactor fuel and fissile warhead material.
McManus, the chief US envoy to the IAEA, spoke on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users