US accuses Iran of nuke `deception and delay`
Vienna: A senior US envoy says Iran is committed to "deception, defiance and delay" in how it deals with international concerns about its nuclear program.
The hard-hitting comments by Joseph MacManus to the 35-nation board of the International Atomic Energy Agency reflect US frustration over Iran`s expanding uranium enrichment program and stalled attempts by the UN`s nuclear agency to probe suspicions that Tehran might have tried to develop nuclear weapons in secret.
Iran denies any such efforts and says all its nuclear activities are peaceful. But it continues to block IAEA experts access to sites, officials and documents it wants to probe and refuse the UN Security Council demands to stop enrichment, which can be used to make reactor fuel and fissile warhead material.
McManus, the chief US envoy to the IAEA, spoke on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah