US Air Force instructor pleads guilty in sex scandal
Houston: A US Air Force instructor on Thursday pleaded guilty to having illicit relationships with two female trainees amid a widespread sex scandal that rocked an Air Force training center.
Staff Sgt. Christopher Jackson was charged with having sex with the women while they were in technical training schools at Lackland and Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, as well as having improper personal relationships with them, according to local TV channel ABC13.
Jackson faces up to one year in prison and a bad-conduct discharge, the report said.
Jackson is one of more than a dozen instructors being investigated as part of the sex scandal that has rocked Lackland, an Air Force base located in San Antonio, Texas, which graduates more than 36,000 airmen annually.
The Air Force had said 28 instructors were caught in the sex scandal that came to light a year ago, with 54 female trainees listed as victims.
Five boot camp instructors have been convicted in courts-martial since last summer and seven more cases are headed to courts-martial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya