US Air Force instructor pleads guilty in sex scandal
Houston: A US Air Force instructor on Thursday pleaded guilty to having illicit relationships with two female trainees amid a widespread sex scandal that rocked an Air Force training center.
Staff Sgt. Christopher Jackson was charged with having sex with the women while they were in technical training schools at Lackland and Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, as well as having improper personal relationships with them, according to local TV channel ABC13.
Jackson faces up to one year in prison and a bad-conduct discharge, the report said.
Jackson is one of more than a dozen instructors being investigated as part of the sex scandal that has rocked Lackland, an Air Force base located in San Antonio, Texas, which graduates more than 36,000 airmen annually.
The Air Force had said 28 instructors were caught in the sex scandal that came to light a year ago, with 54 female trainees listed as victims.
Five boot camp instructors have been convicted in courts-martial since last summer and seven more cases are headed to courts-martial.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists