US Air Force instructor pleads guilty in sex scandal
Houston: A US Air Force instructor on Thursday pleaded guilty to having illicit relationships with two female trainees amid a widespread sex scandal that rocked an Air Force training center.
Staff Sgt. Christopher Jackson was charged with having sex with the women while they were in technical training schools at Lackland and Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, as well as having improper personal relationships with them, according to local TV channel ABC13.
Jackson faces up to one year in prison and a bad-conduct discharge, the report said.
Jackson is one of more than a dozen instructors being investigated as part of the sex scandal that has rocked Lackland, an Air Force base located in San Antonio, Texas, which graduates more than 36,000 airmen annually.
The Air Force had said 28 instructors were caught in the sex scandal that came to light a year ago, with 54 female trainees listed as victims.
Five boot camp instructors have been convicted in courts-martial since last summer and seven more cases are headed to courts-martial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed