US calls for peaceful resolution of disputes in Pacific region
Washington: The White House today called for peaceful resolution of disputes in the Asia-Pacific region besides maintaining that US is constantly monitoring the situation in the region.
The White House said that it is "monitoring regularly and engaging with our allies in the region" when asked about two incidents in the Asia pacific region - one involving a Japanese and a Chinese boat and the Russian incursion into the Japanese airspace.
"We`ve spoken about the need for peaceful resolution of these disputes in general - And I`m not referring to any specific one.
"But it`s something that we`re very focused on because we have an important role to play as a Pacific power and, therefore, we`re very engaged in it," the White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters during a press gaggle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video