US can no longer dictate policy: Iranian leader
Dushanbe: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Monday the United States could no longer dictate policy to the rest of the world and that relations between NATO and Pakistan would become more unstable.
"NATO and the United States should change their policy because the time when they dictate their conditions to the world has passed," Ahmadinejad said in a speech during a conference on Afghanistan`s economy in the capital of neighbouring Tajikistan.
"Relations between NATO and Pakistan, their unsteadiness and instability, will only grow," he said. He was speaking in Farsi, which was translated into Russian for conference participants in the former Soviet republic.
Calling for the immediate withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan, Ahmadinejad said: "The main reason for the difficulties in the world is the policy of NATO member countries, undertaken with the aim of reviving colonialism."
"The entire problem lies with NATO and with the policies of NATO members, most of all the United States, which entered Afghanistan under the guise of the war on terrorism and under the same banner is now surrounding India, Russia and China."
The US delegation to the conference, headed by Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia Robert Blake, left the hall when Ahmadinejad began to speak and returned after the conclusion of his speech.
Ahmadinejad made no reference to Iran`s nuclear program. Iran says the program is purely peaceful, but Israel and Western nations believe the country is moving towards a nuclear bomb that could change the regional balance of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical