US drone misses target in Pakistan
Islamabad: A US drone fired two missiles at suspected militants in the restive South Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan though there were no casualties, officials said on Friday.
The drone targeted some militants who were walking in an agricultural field in Shin Warsak area of South Waziristan Agency yesterday.
The region is located close to the Afghan border.
Security officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that there were no casualties or damage on the ground.
There have been virtually no drone attacks in Pakistan`s northwest without any casualties.
The region where today`s strike was carried out is a stronghold of pro-government Taliban commander Mullah Nazir, who sustained minor injuries in a suicide attack yesterday that killed seven persons.
The US has continued with its drone campaign in Pakistan despite the government`s assertion that they are counter-productive and a violation of the country’s sovereignty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP