US drone misses target in Pakistan
Islamabad: A US drone fired two missiles at suspected militants in the restive South Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan though there were no casualties, officials said on Friday.
The drone targeted some militants who were walking in an agricultural field in Shin Warsak area of South Waziristan Agency yesterday.
The region is located close to the Afghan border.
Security officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that there were no casualties or damage on the ground.
There have been virtually no drone attacks in Pakistan`s northwest without any casualties.
The region where today`s strike was carried out is a stronghold of pro-government Taliban commander Mullah Nazir, who sustained minor injuries in a suicide attack yesterday that killed seven persons.
The US has continued with its drone campaign in Pakistan despite the government`s assertion that they are counter-productive and a violation of the country’s sovereignty.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference