US drone misses target in Pakistan
Islamabad: A US drone fired two missiles at suspected militants in the restive South Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan though there were no casualties, officials said on Friday.
The drone targeted some militants who were walking in an agricultural field in Shin Warsak area of South Waziristan Agency yesterday.
The region is located close to the Afghan border.
Security officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that there were no casualties or damage on the ground.
There have been virtually no drone attacks in Pakistan`s northwest without any casualties.
The region where today`s strike was carried out is a stronghold of pro-government Taliban commander Mullah Nazir, who sustained minor injuries in a suicide attack yesterday that killed seven persons.
The US has continued with its drone campaign in Pakistan despite the government`s assertion that they are counter-productive and a violation of the country’s sovereignty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie