US drone misses target in Pakistan
Islamabad: A US drone fired two missiles at suspected militants in the restive South Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan though there were no casualties, officials said on Friday.
The drone targeted some militants who were walking in an agricultural field in Shin Warsak area of South Waziristan Agency yesterday.
The region is located close to the Afghan border.
Security officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that there were no casualties or damage on the ground.
There have been virtually no drone attacks in Pakistan`s northwest without any casualties.
The region where today`s strike was carried out is a stronghold of pro-government Taliban commander Mullah Nazir, who sustained minor injuries in a suicide attack yesterday that killed seven persons.
The US has continued with its drone campaign in Pakistan despite the government`s assertion that they are counter-productive and a violation of the country’s sovereignty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB