US drone misses target in Pakistan
Islamabad: A US drone fired two missiles at suspected militants in the restive South Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan though there were no casualties, officials said on Friday.
The drone targeted some militants who were walking in an agricultural field in Shin Warsak area of South Waziristan Agency yesterday.
The region is located close to the Afghan border.
Security officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that there were no casualties or damage on the ground.
There have been virtually no drone attacks in Pakistan`s northwest without any casualties.
The region where today`s strike was carried out is a stronghold of pro-government Taliban commander Mullah Nazir, who sustained minor injuries in a suicide attack yesterday that killed seven persons.
The US has continued with its drone campaign in Pakistan despite the government`s assertion that they are counter-productive and a violation of the country’s sovereignty.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district