US investigating airplanes` near miss over NYC
New York: The US is investigating a near miss by two airplanes over New York City.
The Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement on Friday that a Delta Airlines Boeing 747 arriving at John F Kennedy International Airport came close to a Shuttle America Embraer E170 departing from LaGuardia Airport around 3:45 pm June 13.
The aircraft were "turning away from each other at the point where they lost the required separation," the FAA said.
Both aircraft landed safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!