US investigating airplanes` near miss over NYC
New York: The US is investigating a near miss by two airplanes over New York City.
The Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement on Friday that a Delta Airlines Boeing 747 arriving at John F Kennedy International Airport came close to a Shuttle America Embraer E170 departing from LaGuardia Airport around 3:45 pm June 13.
The aircraft were "turning away from each other at the point where they lost the required separation," the FAA said.
Both aircraft landed safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura: Women protest power, water cut by climbing atop overhead tank
- Ruckus in Jammu and Kashmir assembly
- More possible MH370 debris found in Mozambique
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75,000 Baleno, around 2000 DZire cars starting May 31
- Birthday special: Check out TOP 10 pics of Shah Rukh Khan's youngest minion AbRam!