US military flying drones over Syria
Washington: US has deployed a large number
of drones over Syria to monitor Syrian military attack on the
opposition forces and civilians, NBC News reported.
Quoting Pentagon officials, the TV channel said that the
operation of unmanned aircraft over the Syrian skies was not a
harbinger of a US military intervention in the country but to
gather evidence that can be used to "make the case for a
widespread international response."
NBC News said President Barack Obama`s administration had
discussed possible humanitarian missions in Syria.
The reports of deployment of predator drones over Syria
came as violence continued to rage in the country with new
attacks reported in Homs and Derra Friday despite a UN
Security Council vote condemning President Bashar al-Assad`s
The international appetite for military intervention in
Syria has been weak, and while the US has discussed the
possibility of humanitarian missions, the risks involved have
limited talks, the channel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly