US military flying drones over Syria
Washington: US has deployed a large number
of drones over Syria to monitor Syrian military attack on the
opposition forces and civilians, NBC News reported.
Quoting Pentagon officials, the TV channel said that the
operation of unmanned aircraft over the Syrian skies was not a
harbinger of a US military intervention in the country but to
gather evidence that can be used to "make the case for a
widespread international response."
NBC News said President Barack Obama`s administration had
discussed possible humanitarian missions in Syria.
The reports of deployment of predator drones over Syria
came as violence continued to rage in the country with new
attacks reported in Homs and Derra Friday despite a UN
Security Council vote condemning President Bashar al-Assad`s
The international appetite for military intervention in
Syria has been weak, and while the US has discussed the
possibility of humanitarian missions, the risks involved have
limited talks, the channel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal