US pre-school closes after sexual activity among kids
Washington: A pre-school in California is being shut down after parents allegedly discovered sexual activity between students aged just around five years, a media report said.
The Daily Mail said students enrolled in pre-school at the First Lutheran Church of Carson School engaged in oral sex in a variety of places.
Attorney Greg Owen, who represents the alleged victims, said it was due to "lack of supervision".
"There were times when teachers would let aides in the room for hours at a time to watch the kids. During naptime, the aides would be sleeping and the children would be molesting each other during this time," the daily quoted him as saying.
Church leaders claimed the closing was connected to the resignation of the school director. They claimed sexual relations between students was not a factor.
The California Department of Social Services cited the school for one sexual encounter as well as an improper student-teacher ratio.
Owen will file a suit in the Los Angeles County Superior Court against the school, the church, the principal, a teacher, and an alleged child perpetrator.
He is representing four alleged victims.
A parent, Richard McCarthy, said his four-year-old son received oral sex from a five-year-old girl at the school on multiple occasions, the daily reported.
Many parents said they were concerned now that their children have been exposed to sexual behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?