US school gunman was ‘obsessed’ with violent video games
London: Adam Lanza, the gunman who massacred nearly 20 kids in a shooting spree in a Connecticut school, was mentally ill, aggressive and had an unhealthy obsession for violent computer games.
Cowardly Lanza, 20, was driven to carry out the bloody killings after his parents split up and his friends alienated him, reports emerging from America revealed.
According to express.co.uk, his favourite video game was said to be a shockingly violent fantasy war game called Dynasty Warriors, which is thought to have given him inspiration to act on his darkest thoughts.
His parents Nancy and Peter split up in 2009, and he is understood to have taken it particularly badly, but his emotional and social problems appear to have run much deeper.
He had not spoken to his 24-year-old older brother Ryan for more than two years.
High school colleagues said crazed Lanza was a member of the outcast “tech club” where boys who had trouble making friends with their peers played together.
He was vividly remembered as someone who had difficulty socialising with people.
According to the report, he is said to have suffered from antisocial disorder Asperger’s syndrome and was known for being unable to empathise with others, suffering child-like violent tantrums.
Shocked neighbours told how his murdered mother would never leave him alone in a room because he was so troubled, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!