US school gunman was ‘obsessed’ with violent video games
London: Adam Lanza, the gunman who massacred nearly 20 kids in a shooting spree in a Connecticut school, was mentally ill, aggressive and had an unhealthy obsession for violent computer games.
Cowardly Lanza, 20, was driven to carry out the bloody killings after his parents split up and his friends alienated him, reports emerging from America revealed.
According to express.co.uk, his favourite video game was said to be a shockingly violent fantasy war game called Dynasty Warriors, which is thought to have given him inspiration to act on his darkest thoughts.
His parents Nancy and Peter split up in 2009, and he is understood to have taken it particularly badly, but his emotional and social problems appear to have run much deeper.
He had not spoken to his 24-year-old older brother Ryan for more than two years.
High school colleagues said crazed Lanza was a member of the outcast “tech club” where boys who had trouble making friends with their peers played together.
He was vividly remembered as someone who had difficulty socialising with people.
According to the report, he is said to have suffered from antisocial disorder Asperger’s syndrome and was known for being unable to empathise with others, suffering child-like violent tantrums.
Shocked neighbours told how his murdered mother would never leave him alone in a room because he was so troubled, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened