Victims of Costa shipwreck mark anniversary
Giglio (Italy): Survivors of the Costa Concordia shipwreck and relatives of the 32 people who died are marking the first anniversary of the grounding with the unveiling of memorials to the victims, a Mass in their honor and a minute of silence to recall the exact moment that the cruise ship rammed into a reef off Tuscany.
The first event of today`s daylong commemoration was the return to the sea of the massive rocks that tore into the hull of the 112,000-ton ocean liner and remained embedded as the vessel capsized along with its 4,200 passengers and crew.
The rocks are being returned to the reef off Giglio where they belong, along with a memorial plaque.
A land-based memorial will be unveiled after a Mass and ceremony honoring rescue crews.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says