When Jimmy Savile declared ‘love’ for Margaret Thatcher
London: A letter showing the warm relationship between former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher and paedophile TV present Jimmy Savile has emerged.
The late BBC presenter wrote the chilling letter to Margaret Thatcher about the “girl patients” at Stoke Mandeville Hospital
He mentioned them in a letter in 1980 thanking her for lunch as he tried to enlist her help to renovate the hospital.
According to the Daily Mirror, Savile claimed to have waited a week before writing to the PM to declare his ‘love’ for Thatcher.
“Dear Prime Minister. I waited a week before writing to thank you for my lunch invitation because I had such a superb time I didn’t want to be too effusive. My girl patients pretended to be madly jealous + wanted to know what you wore + what you ate,” he wrote in the letter.
“All the paralyzed lads called me ‘Sir James’ all week. They all love you. Me too!! Jimmy Savile OBE xxx,” he added.
According to the report, the letter is among a series of previously secret files released to the National Archives in Kew, west London.
Other documents reveal Savile was in regular contact with Thatcher, whose government gave him a knighthood, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?