Woman jailed in London over al Qaeda magazine
London: The sister of two men convicted of plotting to blow up the London Stock Exchange has been jailed for 12 months for possessing copies of the al Qaeda magazine Inspire.
Ruksana Begum was arrested in July and pleaded guilty last month to possessing material useful to terrorists. Prosecutors say two editions of Inspire were found on a memory card in Begum`s home. They included instructions on how to use a handgun, how to construct a bomb detonator and how to ignite forest fires.
Begum`s brothers Gurukanth Desai and Abdul Miah were jailed in February over the bomb plot.
Passing sentence today, judge Adrian Fulford said he accepted Begum`s explanation that she downloaded the material to understand her brothers` case, but said he had no choice but to impose a prison sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police