Yemen: 5 Qaeda suspects, three others killed
Aden: Eight people, including five suspected
al Qaeda members, were killed in an air strike and a shooting
in Yemen on Friday, local officials and tribal sources said.
An official in Shabwa province in eastern Yemen said two
drone attacks, apparently carried out by US forces, targeted
al Qaeda suspects.
Five members of the Islamist group were killed when a
missile slammed into their car in the town of Azzan, 150
kilometres east of Ataq, the capital of Shabwa, he said.
Witnesses said the car burst into flames before other
militants put out the fire and retrieved the bodies.
An official at Azzan hospital said six people in a car
travelling in the opposite direction of the targeted vehicle
were wounded, one of whom later died.
There were no immediate details on the other drone strike.
Elsewhere, two men, including an intelligence officer,
were shot dead as they left a mosque in the southern port city
of Aden, in an al Qaeda revenge attack, tribal sources said.
A member of the Assal tribe from Abyan province to which
the victims belonged said the attack took place in the central
district of Darim.
"Al Qaeda wants revenge against our tribe for having
driven them out of the town of Mudia," he said.
A medic at the city`s Sadek hospital where the bodies were
taken said the two men had been shot dead.
Al Qaeda is strong in Abyan province, north of Aden, and
has controlled its capital of Zinjibar since May 2011. But the
Assal tribe drove them out of Mudia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in