Yemeni man sets himself on fire outside Cabinet
Sanaa: Medical officials say a Yemeni man set himself on fire outside the Cabinet building in the capital Sanaa.
The officials say Abdel-Hakim Hamoud Qasim is in critical condition after today`s self-immolation. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief reporters.
His cousin, Mohammed Qasim, says Abdel-Hakim was protesting a complaint he had filed to the Ministry of Petroleum against Canadian oil and gas company Nexen, which he worked for as a driver for 16 years until 2006. Mohammed says his cousin was severely injured on the job in Yemen and only paid USD 3,000 after the accident.
The company could not be immediately reached for comment.
A similar act of self-immolation in Tunisia last year helped trigger a series of uprisings in Arab countries, including Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- James Rodriguez may make last Real Madrid appearance in Celta Vigo game
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding