Yemeni man sets himself on fire outside Cabinet
Sanaa: Medical officials say a Yemeni man set himself on fire outside the Cabinet building in the capital Sanaa.
The officials say Abdel-Hakim Hamoud Qasim is in critical condition after today`s self-immolation. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief reporters.
His cousin, Mohammed Qasim, says Abdel-Hakim was protesting a complaint he had filed to the Ministry of Petroleum against Canadian oil and gas company Nexen, which he worked for as a driver for 16 years until 2006. Mohammed says his cousin was severely injured on the job in Yemen and only paid USD 3,000 after the accident.
The company could not be immediately reached for comment.
A similar act of self-immolation in Tunisia last year helped trigger a series of uprisings in Arab countries, including Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested