Yemeni man sets himself on fire outside Cabinet
Sanaa: Medical officials say a Yemeni man set himself on fire outside the Cabinet building in the capital Sanaa.
The officials say Abdel-Hakim Hamoud Qasim is in critical condition after today`s self-immolation. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief reporters.
His cousin, Mohammed Qasim, says Abdel-Hakim was protesting a complaint he had filed to the Ministry of Petroleum against Canadian oil and gas company Nexen, which he worked for as a driver for 16 years until 2006. Mohammed says his cousin was severely injured on the job in Yemen and only paid USD 3,000 after the accident.
The company could not be immediately reached for comment.
A similar act of self-immolation in Tunisia last year helped trigger a series of uprisings in Arab countries, including Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Transform your look with different capes this season!
- Iraqi forces prepare offensive on IS-held Falluja, urge residents to leave
- Wondering what country to live in according to your zodiac sign? - Find out
- After marriage, porn-watching ups in women, drops in men
- Summer woes? Here are top 20 gateways to escape the heat!